Talking about synthetic oil, it is to be noted at the very beginning that simply labeling an engine-oil as “synthetic” doesn’t set the benchmark of the best quality. The overall formulation of the oil is what makes it stand out. Beginning the formulation of a motor oil with high quality synthetic base stocks does allow for a superior product compared to an equal quality level conventional motor oil – Royal Purple Synthetic Oil stands as a perfect example.
Difference between “synthetic” and “conventional” oil:
- Discussion of “synthetic” or “conventional” relates only to the base oils in the lubricant.
- Conventional base oils are made from crude oil/petroleum and occasionally re-refined used oil.
- Synthetic base oils are made from petroleum, hydrocarbon gases, and alcohols.
- Ultimately, all lubricant base oils are hydrocarbon molecules – the processes by which the synthetic base oils are made is what sets them apart from conventional base oils.
Synthetic Vs Conventional base oils:
- The advantages of synthetic base oils are thanks to the extreme cleanliness and consistency of the molecular structure achieved in the processing.
- Conventional base oils are typically only lightly refined, with not all of the inherent impurities (waxes, sulfur, etc.) removed from the petroleum.
- Instead of being simply refined, the crude for synthetic oil is engineered to produce a uniform molecular structure that offers superior lubrication.
- Finally, proprietary additives are introduced to make full synthetic oil even better.
Advantages of Premium Synthetic Motor Oil
- Better High-Temperature Performance:
Premium synthetic engine oils are less volatile, so they maintain viscosity better than conventional oils and lower quality synthetic oils.
- Better Low-Temperature Performance:
The high-quality synthetic base oils used in premium synthetic lubricants provide better natural cold flow, so the oil flows and lubricates better before reaching full operating temperature.
- Cleaner Operation:
Because of the consistent molecular structure and purity of the base oil, premium synthetic engine oils are more stable, better resist oxidation (aging), and produce fewer deposits. In fact, premium synthetic oils like Royal Purple actually remove existing engine deposits.
- Better Mileage:
Because of the superior cold flow, greater lubricity, and cleaner operation of the engine, premium synthetic engine oils can also contribute to greater fuel economy.
Royal Purple Synthetic Oil is one of the most preferred premium synthetic oils that comes with all the above listed advantages, and many more. If you are looking for the Royal Purple variant for your vehicle, you may have a look at the collection Lucky 7 Trucks has as a verified and authorized seller of Royal Purple products. Check out their stock at http://lucky7trucks.com/ or call at (602) 999-2007 to know more.